Modular infrared covert lighting
Responding to customer requirements, Jankel has designed a range of covert infrared (IR) lighting systems that can be adapted to fit a wide range of military, tactical and humanitarian support vehicles.
Manufactured in-house, our Vehicle Infrared Lighting System is in service in hundreds of vehicles worldwide. We offer both 940nm and 880nm front illuminators, which deliver a radiant power of 350mW and are sealed IP67.
Contact our Survivability team to find out more.
Our team of electrical design engineers regularly works with customers to solve specific problems – you can read more about our military engineering and design capability here.
The Need for Bespoke IR Lighting
Off-the-shelf lighting systems didn’t meet the needs of our customers – particularly those working in military theatres – so we started to look at how we could create covert lighting systems that would offer the performance these customers were looking for. Our solution has a number of benefits:
- IR lighting can be specified to individual night vision goggle wavelength settings
- Provides a cost-effective alternative to IR lighting requirements specified in military vehicle tenders
- System has been rigorously tested to ensure it can be integrated with a range of vehicles
- Features IR driving, brake and tail lights, covertly fitted for discreet operation
- Highly capable, robust and durable solution